Saturday 12 January 2013

Film #2: Life of Pi. (5.1.13)


#2. THE LIFE OF PI

I avoided this at first and swore I wouldn't see it, it looked - from the trailer - to be one of those worthy, heart-tugging films that win the best picture Oscar and people who only go to the cinema once a year declare is the 'best film of the year!' I found it a beautifully made, well acted and written with near picture-perfect cgi. Ang Lee has crafted a beautiful and elegant movie which was and extremely moving. This is a clever film about faith and religion and the use of an alternative version of what we see is both clever and tragic. I thoroughly enjoyed it, far more than I expected.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments, unless they're how to make money working from home, are gratefully received.