Saturday 17 September 2016

#62 BRIDGET JONES'S BABY


Starring Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey. Written by Helen Fielding, Dan Mazer and Emma Thompson. Directed by Sharon Maguire. Budget $35 million. Running time 123 minutes long.

Following a typically depressing 43rd birthday, Bridget spends the weekend drunkenly getting her grove back at a music festival with her new bestie, Miranda (Sarah Solemani) and getting knocked up by charming American billionaire Jack Qwant (Patrick Dempsey) and then one week later at a christening by ex-old flame/boyfriend Mark Darcy (Colin Firth). Trouble is 8 weeks later, Bridget finds out she's up the duff, but unsure of who the father is, and much hilarity ensues as the three of them struggle to come to terms with her dilemma.

Actually this turned out to be an extremely funny and enjoyable film. Renee Zellweger does a pitch-perfect English accent and brings a real and highly likeable easy charm to a role she's now played for 15 years and three films. I have to say, I didn't think this was going to be my sort of film, but I thoroughly enjoyed it! Genuinely funny, well acted and just a fun night out. It might of helped that I saw this with my wife on our 27th wedding anniversary, but even beyond that, I had a hoot with this one and left the cinema with a smile and a spring in my step.

I've seen all three of these films, I remember liking the first but disliking the second. This one though was a bloody good laugh.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments, unless they're how to make money working from home, are gratefully received.