Sunday 25 February 2024

#15: MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL


STARRING and written by: Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Eric Idle, Terry Gilliam, Terry Jones, Michael Palin and Neil Innes. Directed by Terry Gilliam and Terry Jones. Budget £282,035. Running time 92 minutes. Originally released in 1975.

King Arthur sets out on a quest to find the Holy Grail and much hilarity ensues. 

Without doubt, one of the funniest films I've ever seen. This had me laughing from the first till the last frame of film, and it's still bloody funny to this day. Just a gloriously delightful, anarchic romp of sublime silliness. I can't tell you how much the Pythons inspired and influenced me growing up, them and the Goodies defined my sense of humour. I absolutely love this film. If you get a chance go and see it, it's funnier that a thousand Hollywood comedy movies.

Cinematic bliss. 10/10 


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments, unless they're how to make money working from home, are gratefully received.