Sunday 26 April 2020

SHUT-IN MOVIE #13 - SANDY WEXLER (2017)

What is it with me and Adam Sandler? I keep watching his movies and never seem to learn my lesson. Damn it, there's something about him that I kinda like, he's been in films that I've loved and so I keep giving him another pass. But for every Punch, Drunk, Love or Murder Mystery there's a Grown Ups, Pixels, Jack and Jill, Ridiculous Six. And so I settled on Sandy Wexler. A film is so staggering meh it's uhh, actually staggering. The plot follows Hollywood talent agent, Sandy Wexler's (Adam Sandler) float, float, mild rise and fall, and finally HUGE RISE to the top. The comedy, when it comes is provided from his stable of mostly useless talent and a vast cameo of friends of Sandler who all pop up to tell us how awful Wexler is until the end and we find out the truth. What is it about Sandler that makes me keep coming back for more? That said, his one man show on Netflix is pretty funny. Avoid this and watch that instead, or if you've already seen that then only watch this if you have already watched everything else on Netflix twice before. 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments, unless they're how to make money working from home, are gratefully received.